Wedding Ceremony Agreement and Confirmation
This agreement, made this ___ day of __________, 20___ by and between Rose Ministries of Schenectady, New York /
Reverend Craig P. Lurie hereinafter referred to as: The Officiant and __________________ and __________________________
hereinafter referred to as: The Couple.
WITNESSETH: In consideration of the mutual covenants and agreement herein contained, The Officiant and The Couple hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
THE OFFICIANT'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Officiant shall perform a marriage ceremony for The Couple on the ___ day 0f ____, 20__ at the approximate time of:______a.m./p.m. at/on the facility of _____________________ located at: ______________________________________________________________________.
Client E-Mail Address: ________________________ Client Phone Number ______________
2. The Officiant warrants that he is a professional officiant, recognized as a legally ordained minister, fully qualified to officiate wedding ceremonies and solemnize the rites of all marriages in all jurisdictions of New York, with the lone exception of New York City.
3. The Officiant will provide the following services under the terms of this agreement:
a. A preliminary confirmation reserving the date, time and location of the wedding ceremony as indicated above will be sent via email to The Couple.
b. Creation of the ceremony. Unity Candle Yes No (If yes the Couple must provide the Unity Candle) Sand Ceremony Yes No (If yes the Couple must provide the materials)
c. Two weeks prior to the wedding, a member of THE Couple will receive a final check-in call to reconfirm all aspects of the ceremony and list all items which will be needed on the day of the wedding.
d. The Officiant shall complete and execute the marriage license and file (mail) said license in accordance with the instructions set forth by the jurisdiction from where the license was obtained.
THE COUPLE'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
4. The Couple understands that they must obtain a Marriage License at the appropriate jurisdiction for which the ceremony will be performed and shall provide said Marriage License to The Officiant to review and execute on the day of the ceremony or if a rehearsal is scheduled, at the Rehearsal. The Couple has been informed and fully understands that if a valid marriage license is not presented with government issued identification to the Officiant BEFORE the ceremony is performed, the Officiant cannot perform a legally valid marriage ceremony.
5. The Couple shall not change the date, time or location of the wedding as listed in paragraph 1 of this agreement without first contacting and advising The Officiant of said change so as to determine if The Officiant is still available to perform the ceremony. The Couple also understands and recognizes that The Officiant performs other wedding ceremonies for other couples and such change of date, time, or location without first notifying The Officiate, or any excessive lateness (over 30 minutes) of the originally scheduled wedding ceremony time may prevent The Officiant from performing the ceremony. If The Couple does change the date, time, or location of the scheduled wedding ceremony, and The Officiant is unavailable to perform the ceremony, then The Officiant reserves the right to cancel the performance of the ceremony, and shall in no way be held responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for non-performance.
6. If The Officiant can still perform the wedding ceremony on the new date, time, and location, then this agreement shall be cancelled and a new agreement entered into reflecting the new date, time and location.
7. The Couple agrees to pay The Officiate a ceremony performance fee of $_____.00 plus any mutually agreed upon additional services and/or travel expenses outside the 50 mile radius of Guilderland, New York. To reserve the above date, a NON-REFUNDABLE retainer fee in the amount of $50.00 shall be remitted with this agreement (made payable by check, money order, cashier's check to "Reverend Craig P. Lurie" or paid via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org (include a $5.00 surcharge if using PayPal). The remaining balance of $______.00 in the form of cash, cashier's check or money order is due two weeks prior to the ceremony date. If balance is not received two weeks before the wedding date, then time and date reservations are cancelled and may be booked by other parties, without exception and without notice. If The Couple needs to make partial payments, they may do so as long as payment in full is received two weeks prior to the ceremony date. Reservations made with less than 30 days remaining until the wedding require a 100% non-refundable payment. Should reservations be cancelled with 21 days or less remaining before reserved date, payment in full is required to avoid legal action. There is a $45.00 return check fee on all returned checks.
a. A retainer fee of $50.00 must be paid in advance and is required, along with a signed contract, to book a date and time for a wedding. Retainer fees are not refundable should the wedding be cancelled for any reason.
b. Fees are based upon amount of service time provided. If services go beyond the outlined details (i.e. extensive phone calls, email communications, or delays with the start of the ceremony) additional fees will be assessed accordingly at the rate of $50.00 per hour and are due paid prior to the signing of the marriage license.
8. REFUSAL: The Officiant reserves the right to refuse any request for a reservation and further reserves the right to refuse to perform any service that he is not comfortable with, even though a reservation was accepted. If a wedding service that has been reserved is not performed, then a refund shall be due in the same form it was received.
9. LATE FEES: The Officiant may waive the late fee charge, at his discretion. No refund will be given if The Officiant is not able to perform the ceremony because of any delays beyond the stipulated time period. If for ANY reason the ceremony starts 30 minutes or more after it is scheduled, the Officiant may, at his option, perform a very short civil ceremony in place of the agreed-upon ceremony. Neither shall Rose Ministries of Guilderland ,New York or Reverend Craig P. Lurie be held liable for any costs of the ceremony or reception, or damages of any kind. The Officiant will charge an additional $50.00 per hour if required to wait more than 60 minutes past the scheduled starting time. Said fee is due paid prior to the signing of the marriage license. The ability of The Officiant to wait more than 30 minutes will be solely at his discretion. If the Client wishes to void this clause and reserve the Officiant's services for the entire day, there will be an additional $150.00 charge, and this must be agreed upon according to the availability of the Officiant at the time of contract signing.
10. TRAVEL AND EXPENSES: Any travel of over 50 miles (one way) from The Officiant's home address shall be charged at .65 cents per mile (round trip). Mileage will be determined using Mapquest.com. All toll expenses are also the responsibility of The Couple. Additional travel expenses may include a one- or two-night hotel stay, if the rehearsal and/or wedding are more than 50 miles away for the night before the wedding. These details MUST be discussed prior to signing the contract. Hotel accommodations are required for any of the following conditions: a) If the wedding is before 11:00 a.m. and more than 50 miles away (for the night before the wedding); b) If the wedding is after 6:30 p.m. and more than 50 miles away (for the night of the wedding); c) If the wedding is more than 50 miles away and service is requested for rehearsal the night before the wedding. All travel expenses should be included in the total ceremony cost and need to be paid two weeks prior to the ceremony.
11. The Couple accepts responsibility for purchasing items needed to perform any of the smaller ceremonies that they may wish to include in their ceremony (i.e. Unity or memory candles, wine, roses, sand, breakable glass). If the couple requests any special provisions from The Officiant, these details should be submitted in writing no later than three weeks prior to the ceremony date.
12. The Officiant shall arrive at the wedding location 30 minutes prior to the time of the wedding ceremony. The Couple fully understands and agrees that The Officiant shall not be responsible or held liable in the event The Officiant is prohibited from performing The Couple's wedding ceremony due to illness, hospitalization, auto accident, transportation breakdown/disruption, traffic difficulties, acts of God such as hurricanes or inclement weather or other unforeseen incapacitation or other cause of non-arrival on the day of the ceremony. The Officiant will make every attempt to notify The Couple and to provide a substitute Officiant who can perform a wedding ceremony if time and resources permit. In any event, The Officiant, his agents and assigns shall NOT be held liable for any compensation or any damages (including punitive) due to non-performance of any ceremony/function resulting from such incapacitations, non-arrival, errors and/or omissions of any type.
13. The Couple gives permission and shall allow The Officiant to post a photograph(s) of them with The Officiant on The Officiant's website for viewing by the internet community. The Couple acknowledges that this is for promotional purposes only and they do not expect to receive any compensation of any kind. There shall be no expiration for this permission.
14. The Officiant gives permission and shall allow The Couple to use any photographs, videos, or other recording media in which The Officiant is in, or part of, in any manner or for any purpose they wish.
15. This agreement and attachments constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by the acknowledgement of email received by both parties. No other representations or promises have been made except those that are set out in this agreement.
If any part of this agreement is adjudged invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining parts shall not be affected and remain in full force and effect.
Total Fee: $________ = Retainer fee $50.00 + Ceremony Fee $________ + Add on Fee $________
Payment Terms: A retainer fee of $50.00 is due at contract signing and is not refundable. The balance of the total fee ($________) is due two weeks before the ceremony by: ___________.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto agree to the terms and conditions as described above and have caused this Contract to be signed on the dates indicated below, but effective as of the Effective Date. The parties agree that the specifics of the agreed ceremony are specified in the attached "Booking Form" and shall be considered a part of this contract after signing
________________________________________ Reverend Craig P. Lurie
(Officiant Signature) (Date)
(Client Print Name) (Client Signature) (Date)
________________________________________ ________________________________ (Client Print Name) (Client Signature) (Date)